Bug#584590: salome: New binary package organization
Adam C Powell IV
hazelsct at debian.org
Wed Aug 18 13:32:25 UTC 2010
tags 584590 pending
On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 19:45 -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 15:20 -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Now that it builds and fixes its bugs, I propose uploading it as it is
> in alioth now. I am also working on binary reorganization, but would
> like to get this into unstable as a working package, and work on the
> reorg with you both while the package (hopefully) gets into testing. I
> think reorganization will be a big change, and will have to go through
> the NEW queue, so it's probably best to close the bugs first.
> What do you think? I will not do anything until Monday mid-day here (6
> PM in France), and will upload if I haven't heard from you by then.
> Then -11 can address any new bugs and do the reorganization.
I went ahead and uploaded -10 yesterday. I forgot that the -doc binary
package is new, so this has to go through the NEW queue.
Also, alioth now has reorganized binaries along the lines proposed in
this bug, I'm marking it pending. It has no file conflicts between the
packages, and I think I added enough Conflicts to ensure a smooth
upgrade from -10 to -11. And it splits documentation into salome-doc
and a new salome-dev-doc directory, though it's so large I'm still
reluctant to make it a separate package at least for now.
Before a -11 upload, I'd like to do the following:
* Wait for -10 to get into testing, or to have new RC bugs which
we fix in -11;
* Add a reconfigure target as in Denis' tree;
* (Merge something else from Denis' tree that I don't remember
* Consider moving at least the LIGHT and PYLIGHT modules, if not
all of the "examples" modules, into the -extras package, since
it is very small right now;
* Move the files from the salome-doc directory in non-salome-doc
packages into the salome-doc package (see debian/rules).
Can you also test the -10 packages to see if there are any issues with
the transition to Python 2.6?
I'm going to need to suspend development for at least a week, though I
will reply to emails. I hope you are enjoying vacation, and look
forward to working with you this Fall -- and working more closely with
upstream! (And finally getting NETGENPLUGIN to work, which is much of
my motivation for working on this...)
GPG fingerprint: D54D 1AEE B11C CE9B A02B C5DD 526F 01E8 564E E4B6
Engineering consulting with open source tools
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the debian-science-maintainers