Always use some specific servers to build a package

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Wed Jun 16 21:45:16 UTC 2010

Le samedi 12 juin 2010 à 20:30 +0200, Andreas Barth a écrit :
> * Kurt Roeckx (kurt at roeckx.be) [100612 17:08]:
> > >
> > > Can't atlas just build the binaries and not try to run then?
> >
> > Or atleast only run those that are supported by the buildd.
> >
> > I can imangine that at some point you'll add support for
> > instruction sets that none of our buildds currently support,
> > and I assume you want to get them build anyway.
I am counting on the slow release schedule of Atlas for this but you are
right...
I guess I won't be providing Debian packages until we (Debian) have the
appropriate build machines.

> > But I can understand that you would like to run as much as
> > possible regression tests.
>
> It would be possible to scan the cpus for the supported instructions,
> and skip the regressiontests (with a warning) that can't be run.

I wish I could but I cannot build the packages if the CPU extensions are
not available :/

> > What we can do is exclude packages from getting build on some
> > buildds.  We'd need a list of the packags and which buildds
> > you'd like to avoid.
OK, I can build this list if everybody is OK with this solution.

Sylvestre