GetFem++ 4.1.1

logari81 logari81 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 15 18:16:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 15:33 +0100, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le vendredi 29 octobre 2010 à 14:47 +0200, logari81 a écrit :
> > Hi Sylvestre,
> >
> > I have uploaded some changes for the new version 4.1.1 of GetFem++.
> > Maybe this is a good time to add the Scilab support as well. So you can
> > enable it before committing my changes.
> I had a look and despite some minor problems, the Scilab support seems to be OK.
> Thanks for updating.
>
> > I had to add libatlas-base-dev to the build dependencies, otherwise the
> > current liblapack3gf wouldn't link.
> Hmm, that is unexpected. Can you give me the build log and the error  ?

the configure script fails to run the test for the smumps_c function in
MUMPS. The linking of the test case needs libatlas-base-dev otherwise
fails with:

configure:20005: checking for library containing smumps_c
configure:20044: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fmessage-length=0
-ftemplate-depth-40 -pedantic -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual
-Wwrite-strings -Wconversio$
/tmp/ccO84gIo.o: In function `main':
/tmp/buildd/getfem++-4.1.1/conftest.cpp:55: undefined reference to
`smumps_c'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:20044: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "getfem"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "getfem"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.1.1"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "getfem 4.1.1"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define PACKAGE "getfem"
| #define VERSION "4.1.1"
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
| #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
| #define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"
| #define HAVE_LIBSUPERLU 1
| #define HAVE_SUPERLU_COLAMD_H 1
| #define HAVE_SUPERLU_SLU_CNAMES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SUPERLU_SLU_CDEFS_H 1
| #define HAVE_SUPERLU_SLU_DDEFS_H 1
| #define HAVE_SUPERLU_SLU_SDEFS_H 1
| #define HAVE_SUPERLU_SLU_ZDEFS_H 1
| #define HAVE_SUPERLU_SLU_DCOMPLEX_H 1
| #define HAVE_SUPERLU_SLU_SCOMPLEX_H 1
| #define HAVE_LIBQHULL 1
| #define HAVE_QHULL_QHULL_H 1
| #define HAVE_LIBMUPARSER 1
| #define HAVE_MUPARSER_MUPARSER_H 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
|    Use char because int might match the return type of a GCC
|    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| char smumps_c ();
| #ifdef FC_DUMMY_MAIN
| #ifndef FC_DUMMY_MAIN_EQ_F77
| #  ifdef __cplusplus
|      extern "C"
| #  endif
|    int FC_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
| #endif
| #endif
| int
| main ()
| {
| return smumps_c ();
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:20044: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -O3 -Wall -W -fmessage-length=0
-ftemplate-depth-40 -pedantic -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual
-Wwrite-strings -Wconversio$
configure:20044: $? = 0
configure:20061: result: -lsmumps_seq

> Anyway, I won't be able to upload it before november 14 since I am in
> holidays.
>
> Cheers,
> Sylvestre

BR,