gmsh and libscotchmetis

Adam C Powell IV hazelsct at debian.org
Tue Jun 7 16:33:08 UTC 2011

Hi Anton,

Sounds good, thanks.  I notice you also added the interfaces you need
for gmsh to Bug 506033, thanks.

For Elmer, I noticed that it could do node-wise or element-wise
partitioning, and just disabled the element-wise partitioning which used
METIS_PartMesh* functions.  Is it possible to do something similar for
gmsh?

-Adam

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 17:46 +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
> Thanks for answers, I have uploaded a new version with disabled metis.
>
> Anton
>
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct at debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi Anton,
> >
> > On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 07:29 +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
> >> Hi, all!
> >>
> >> I am trying to package gmsh 2.5.1~svn version and to fix lintian
> >> errors and warnings. But I have a problem with linking against
> >> packaged libscotchmetis. The following error appears:
> >>
> >> Linking CXX executable gmsh
> >> /home/dk/gmsh/nv/upl_metis/gmsh-2.5.1~svn9373/Mesh/meshPartition.cpp:527:
> >> error: undefined reference to 'METIS_mCPartGraphKway'
> >> /home/dk/gmsh/nv/upl_metis/gmsh-2.5.1~svn9373/Mesh/meshPartition.cpp:502:
> >> error: undefined reference to 'METIS_mCPartGraphRecursive'
> >> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > The scotchmetis compatibility layer is not a complete reimplementation
> > of METIS.  Bug 506033 requests addition of PartMesh functions; these may
> > also be missing.
> >
> > I or someone else should probably forward these requests upstream and
> > see if there is some prospect of implementing these functions...
> >
> > -Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/