texlive dependencies (in ngspice)

Gudjon I. Gudjonsson gudjon at gudjon.org
Sun Jun 19 06:17:27 UTC 2011

Hi list
    This was a private discsussion about sponsoring of ngspice but the problem
of texlive dependencies may be of interest to the list.
On Friday 17 June 2011 13:38:51 you wrote:
> OK.  BTW, are you sure that you have adjusted Build-Depends to include
> only the necessary stuff?  If I read:

> Unpacking texlive-lang-finnish (from
> .../texlive-lang-finnish_2009-3_all.deb) ... ...
>
> and and other language you might imagine that's a bit overkill.  IMHO
> this is because of texlive-full.  Can you please verify whether this can
> be prevented?
>
> Please move the discussion to the list.  Even if I seem to be responsive
> I have not very much time and people on the list might know a better
> solution.  So feel free o quote me in public.
    I have changed the dependency to texlive, texlive-latex-extra, texlive-
lang-greek which seems to work nicely but finding the minimal dependency when
doing
lyx --export ps manual.lyx
lyx --export html manual.lyx
was quite tricky since I couldn't run lyx in X mode when running it in
pbuilder and I couldn't find out how to make lyx create a log file while in
batch mode. Does anyone have a nice solution to that?

Regards
Gudjon