RFS: tinarng

Torquil Macdonald Sørensen torquil at gmail.com
Mon May 9 10:40:00 UTC 2011

On 08/05/11 19:56, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
> 5) Can be obtained from mentors.debian.net:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tinarng
>
> Notes: I used a lintian override. It has to do with a difference between the
> binary library package and the so-name of the library file. This happens because
> I have agreed (upon suggestion from Debian developer ) to not use the upstream
> 'trng' as package name, since it is a common abbreviation for "True Random
> Number Generator". Thus libtinarng4-0 will contain the library
> libtrng4.so.0.0.0, which is the source of lintian's complaint (lintian want's me
> to call the binary package libtrng4-0).
>
> Ref: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=624764

Correction: The source package is 'tinarng', but the binary packages are now:

libtrng4-0, libtrng4-0-dbg, libtrng-dev, libtrng-doc

No more lintian override.

Same URL as before
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tinarng/

I don't know if this email list is used for ordinary communication, I'll just
wait and see. In the archives it is mostly commit messages. Anyway, I added this
post mainly for completeness. Will now just wait and see if anyone else responds.

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen