problem with cctbx

Radostan Riedel raybuntu at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 5 16:13:54 UTC 2012

On Sun, 05. Aug 15:58, Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca wrote:
> you mean that the latest ANN upstream version switch this constant from False to True and that Debian do not provide the latest version.
> right ?
> AND spoftfinder require this constant to be True. Am I right ?
No, I'm sorry for beeing not clear enough.
$ grep "const ANNbool" /usr/include/ANN/ANN.h
const ANNboolANN_ALLOW_SELF_MATCH= ANNtrue;

$ grep "const ANNbool" cctbx_sources/annlib/include/ANN/ANN.h
const ANNboolANN_ALLOW_SELF_MATCH= ANNfalse;

annlib version in cctbx is 1.1 Release date: 05/03/05 in debian 1.1.2+doc-3
Release date: Jan 27, 2010 [1]. If you check [2] Section 2.2.3
there is explained what this constant does. The file
"cctbx_sources/annlib_adaptbx/ann/ann_adaptor.cpp" can clear things a little bit
up. So cctbx upstream ANNfalse and auto generates code with ANNtrue and
namespace annself_include. So when we use annself_include it equals libann in
debian.

> not yet for me it seems that you are using bashism, this is bad :)
> extglob
> so I am trying to use mv instead of this (!clipper) syntax.
No I removed it and pushed it. I now use find...-exec...

[1] http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mount/ANN/
[2] http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mount/ANN/Files/1.1.2/ANNmanual_1.1.pdf