cctbx wiki baptiste addition

Baptiste Carvello devel at baptiste-carvello.net
Tue Aug 7 09:30:49 UTC 2012

Hello,

Le 06/08/2012 22:22, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel a écrit :
> Hello Baptiste.
>
> - I like the unbundle optik, this is the sort of upstream patch that should not be that difficult to
> push to the upstream :).
>
> - a test failure should stop the build process

That's not how it works right now, upstream's way is to let the tests
run to the end, then grep through the log. But I can easily modify the
test runner in "cctbx_sources/libtbx/test_utils.py" to check the return
codes and abort when appropriate.

> - "python tests that are not part of a package as "package_data" in setup.py. Thus they will be copied by distutils to its build directory, and also installed by our packages."
>
> do you have exemple of theses test and how they will be usable once installed on the system ?

for example: "cctbx_sources/fable/test/*.py"
or "cctbx_sources/cctbx/adptbx/boost_python/tst_adptbx.py"

An example of a test script which is in a package, but needs data which
are not: "cctbx_sources/fable/tst_cout_compile.py"

All the tests are meant to be directly executed as python scripts, and
should work the same on user systems, provided their data are installed too.

Logically, all the tests would belong in the cctbx-test package, but it
may be easier to install them as part of the cctbx-python package.

> - it would be nice to have a cctbx-test package with the binay test program.
> but it whould imply having man pages for thoses scripts.
> how many of them ?

A quick grep ("grep '$B' cctbx_sources/*/run_tests.py|wc -l") gives 24,
in a half-dozen directories.

It's probably possible to write an "install_tests" command to copy them
in place.

Cheers,
Baptiste