[SCM] C++ bindings for GtkDatabox branch, master, updated. v0.9.1-4-g7d0c917

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jul 19 07:39:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 09:17:58AM +0200, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> >To summarise what needs to be done before I can sponsor the package:
> >
> >   - we need to find a way how I can obtain all needed branches for
> >     git-buildpackage
>

> You just need to run:
>
> $ git checkout -t origin/upstream
> $ git checkout -t origin/pristine-tar
>
> This will create the "upstream" and "pristine-tar" branches and will
> set tracking for these branches to the remote branches in the
> repository.

It seems that this is working but for me this sounds totally confusing.
Isn't a *clone* no identical copy???  Why does cloning require extra
means to finally get the same status?  A lone which actually is no clone
sounds like a broken concept to me.

> Then you need to go back to the debian branch with
>
> $ git checkout debian
>
> and finally you can run git-buildpackage
>
> >   - you confirm that packaging is ready for sponsering
>

> I think it is now...

OK, git-buildpackage works.  Would you think it is a reasonable idea
to build against the latest libgtkdatabox which currently sits in NEW

   http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html  ?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--