[Pkg-octave-devel] Wrong octave/gnuplot plot output

Marco Mattiolo marco.mattiolo at hotmail.it
Fri Jul 27 19:17:25 UTC 2012

Il 25/07/2012 14:31, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso ha scritto:
> If you want this to work for gnuplot, looks to me like you have to
> file a bug with the ghostscript package to use a different default font.

This was my first question
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-octave-devel/2012-July/009533.html
I'm having some trouble with plotting in Octave on Wheezy, and cannot
understand which package (octave, gnuplot, or one of their dependencies)
is to blame.

So thank you for answering it: ghostscript has changed the default font
in octave+gnuplot upgrade from squeeze to wheezy.

Il 25/07/2012 14:31, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso ha scritto:
> I also don't use gnuplot to plot. Have you tried with the OpenGL backend?
With
graphics_toolkit("fltk")
before starting andamenti_minimal.m, I get a wonderful output both on
popup window and on png.
But with the other file previously attached (andamenti_tensione_corrente.m),
the popup window contains black rectangles and octave's memory
consumption rises and
I have to kill octave process before bricking the entire system,
resulting in no png output.

Marco