cctbx debian package: new commit

Baptiste Carvello devel at baptiste-carvello.net
Wed Oct 3 09:11:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

a few quick remarks:

1) the setup.py does not build the python extensions. It just installs
them, but delegates the buiding to the SCons build system. So we need to
interface with SCons anyway.

2) there are a few C++ applications which depend on cctbx, the one I
know is FOX ( http://vincefn.net/Fox/ , objcryst-fox in Debian). For
those use cases, should we still build a libcctbx-dev package with the
headers and static libs (for those we don't need to care about ABI
stability)?

3) the tests in the "run_tests.py" scripts are either C++ or python.
Some of the python tests are part of importable python packages, some
are not. Some of the C++ tests seem to need data files, I didn't
encounter this problem with python tests. Luc, is there anything I
missed? Finding and installing all those files to the right places is
n°1 on my current Debian task list.

Cheers,
Baptiste