cctbx debian package: new commit

Baptiste Carvello devel at baptiste-carvello.net
Thu Oct 4 12:22:33 UTC 2012

Le 04/10/2012 09:49, Luc Bourhis a écrit :

> You don't plan to move the tests away from their location on our
> sourceforge repo, do you? In which case, you would just need to set a
> few environment variables as part of installing that libcctbx-dev to get
> it all working as is. As for the need for input files, you need to keep
> in mind that most Phenix developers assume that the tests will be run in
> the context of a full Phenix development environment. That means a
> directory phenix_regression containing some tests structures and a
> directory chem_data containing thousands of them. Those two are only
> available from private subversion repos in Berkeley. Nat would happily
> give you a user account on their machine of course. That's for the
> theory. In practice, I really need to check how many tests cannot run
> outside of that Phenix development environment. As you can imagine, I
> have had it set up for ages, so I have no idea!

What I'm trying to do is make it possible to run (most of) the tests in
a configuration as close as possible to our installed packages. This is
important to make sure that our unusual packaging doesn't break any
cctbx features.

So this is really about testing the packaging, and is orthogonal to the
testing of the code in your sourceforge repo. As a secondary goal, it
would also allow to make a cctbx-test package, in case users want to run
the test suite on their own machines.

I understand that I might have to "hunt" a little bit for the necessary
data files, or even skip some tests if they need very large inputs, but
the more I make run, the better. Thank you for your informations, I'll
ask more questions if I need :-)

Cheers,
Baptiste