opencv 2.4.2 debian package

Mark Essel messel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:34:12 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I've had no problems building 2.4.2 from source (although it takes
some time). When it comes to packaging and deployment to a cluster of
servers I've run into a problem. While I can manually trace the
dependencies of each of the dynamic libraries, and it's dependencies
(ldd has been helpful) of my manual dev builds, it feels like the
wrong way to procede. I'm looking for a binary package to work with
the system (apt-get).

I ran into problems with a 2.3 ppa and video reading errors (that
don't occur with 2.4.2), otherwise I'd fall back to an earlier
release.

Is this experimental package going to become available in the near future?
http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/opencv/news/20120724T031723Z.html