Trilinos packages

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:37:13 UTC 2013

Hi Anton,

sounds good.

> Please, check whether there are no license problems in the source,
> whether there are no embedded copies of the 3rd-party-software, which is
> available in Debian as a separate package, and let us know.

The sources are fully released by the Trilinos team under the BSD
license (as marked in debian/copyright); there is no bundled 3rd-party
software.

Before getting it back into the tree, I'd wait at least for the next
release of Trilinos (which should happen fairly soon -- they already
branched a while ago).
I was hoping that until then, a more senior developer could have a
look at the packaging at
<https://github.com/nschloe/trilinos-ubuntu/tree/master/debian> and
check if there are any obvious mistakes. A recent build log would be
found here <https://launchpadlibrarian.net/136562772/buildlog_ubuntu-raring-amd64.trilinos_11.3~20130415~raring1_UPLOADING.txt.gz>.
I'm particularly unsure about the -dbg target which hardly installs
anything.
A bug that affects Trilinos is
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=703729>. It isn't
blocking, but it prevents me from installing Trilinos in its full
glory.

Cheers,
Nico