Release notes for Wheezy?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Apr 16 08:59:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:15:05AM +0200, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While I understand your wish, I don't think we should list all the new
> science packages since squeeze.
> The list will be a bit pointless and long.
>
> I think we should focus more on the overall picture.

+1

IMHO new *metapackages* are relevant - probably a list with short
description is sufficient.  If accompanied by a link to the tasks page
the user will get all needed information.

According to the recent upload the following metapackages are new:

binary:science-simulations is NEW.
binary:science-highenergy-physics-dev is NEW.
binary:science-physics-dev is NEW.

If there are some large scale changes in some specific metapackages
this is probably interesting as well.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--