issue with openmpi ?

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Tue Aug 20 14:49:14 UTC 2013

On 19/08/2013 22:20, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> with this line it works:
>
> -L/usr/lib/openmpi/lib -lmpi
>
> but is it ok to link directly with the openmpi library which seems to be managed with alternatives ?

That was a different issue.
mpich and openmpi had the same priority.
I don't know why but it seems that mpich is installed before openmpi by
the last changes.
Anyway, it is not normal and does not match what mpi-defaults says.

I updated the openmpi (1.6.5-3) priority to make sure it goes before mpich.
It should fix your problem and many others.

Sylvestre