ITA and GIT repository

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Dec 4 07:27:52 UTC 2013

Hi Jerome,

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 05:50:45AM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> my ITA package

What package do you mean?

  $ apt-cache showsrc ita
  W: Unable to locate package ita
  N: No packages found

> is ready and it has been reviewed with success and the reviewer is ready
> to sponsor it provided that it is push to its GIT repository.

To enable a sensible answer you shuold probably specify what you mean by
"its GIT repository".  As per Debian Science policy the packaging should
be under

   git://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/<pkg>.git

> It is not clear to me whether or not I can push my material to the current GIT
> of the package which is owned not by me but by the former Debian maintainer.

While I'm poking in the dark what package / maintainer you might really
mean usually you can add your name to Uploaders and push to
git.debian.org.

> May I go ahead or ask for changing the ownership of the GIT of the package ?

The git repository should be owned by the Debian Science team and any
team member is allowed to commit.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--