cblas.h from OpenBLAS missing

Sébastien Villemot sebastien at debian.org
Thu Dec 12 20:10:20 UTC 2013

Le lundi 02 décembre 2013 à 15:01 +0100, L.C. Karssen a écrit :

> I tried to compile some software that uses OpenBLAS. When I install
> OpenBLAS from source my application compiles without problems.
>
> When I installed the libopenblas-base and libopenblas-dev packages
> (v0.2.8-2), it turns out that compilation of my program doesn't work,
> since it uses a declaration that can be found in cblas.h provided by
> OpenBLAS and this file is not installed by either package.
> Is this by design or is it a bug in one of the packages?
>
> The libblas-dev package contains a cblas.h file, but that's a different
> one.

Please open a bug against libopenblas-dev to discuss this. Bugs are
easier to track than emails. More information about reporting bugs is
available at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Also, please provide more details in the bugreport about the exact
problem that you are encountering (i.e. which differences between
libblas-dev's cblas.h and OpenBLAS' cblas.h are causing you trouble)?

Cheers,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer