package glpk

Sébastien Villemot sebastien at debian.org
Sat Jun 15 10:30:50 UTC 2013

Le jeudi 13 juin 2013 à 17:57 +0100, Joao Pedro Pedroso a écrit :

> I would like to update python-glpk to the latest version of glpk, but
> for that I would need your glpk* packages updated...  is there any
> reason you are still using glpk version 4.45?  (Latest is 4.50)

I guess the only reason is lack of time from the maintainer.

I may do myself the update, unless Falk (in CC) wants to take care of
it.

Also note that the new version has a new SONAME (the ABI changed between
4.45 and 4.50): this means that the upload of the new version need to be
coordinated with the Release Team, and this can induce a significant
delay given the number of ongoing and pending transitions. Also, since
the API has also changed with this new release, some reverse
dependencies will likely need to be patched (at least octave is affected
AFAICT).

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer