tango8_8.0.5+dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED

PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Thu Mar 21 22:14:41 UTC 2013

> Can you still build doc/tango.pdf with these files missing?

In fact for now, I asked the upstream to add the source code of the .pdf documentation to comply with our policy
But the documentation is not built from the sources.
This is a work in progress effort of the upstream. I am quite confident that we will succeed.

> And one further question: you renamed the source package (from tango to
> tango8). Is that necessary? Many package are currently also built from
> the tango source package and thus tango and tango8 cannot coexist in
> their current form.

I would like to provide libtango7 and libtango8 libraries even if the -dev part conficts because co-installation is not supported by the upstream.
But the tango8 sources are also providing daemons for the tango controls system tango-db tango-starter tango-test etc...
If I remember correctly I asked julien cristau if it was possible to have multiple source code providing the same binary package with different versions.
He told me that it should not cause troubles. But maybe I did not explain him exactly what I realy intended to do.

maybe the right things to do is to upload only the 8.x series with the historical tango source package after all and avoid a mess in the archive.

Frederic