ITP for nfft3 library, need some help getting started

Ghislain Vaillant ghislain.vaillant at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 18 14:41:49 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I would like to package this library for Debian. This package should fit
in the same category as fftw, since it fulfills the same use, i.e. the
fast computation of the Fourier transform of arbitrary dimensions, but
from or to non-uniformly sampled data. This is of particular interest
for numerous scientific applications, as explained in the homepage of
the project: http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~potts/nfft/.

I have been using it for quite a while, and even wrote my own Python
wrapper for it. Code quality is pretty good, there is a fairly complete
documentation available online, and the code has been receiving regular
major and bugfix updates over the years.

The build process uses autotools, which, according to the debian
packaging guidelines, should make the creation of the package not too
difficult at first. However, since it is my very first contribution to
packaging in debian, I would need a bit of hand-holding to be sure I am
following the right steps.

Looking forward to work with you guys, thanks for your time.

Ghislain Vaillant, Ph.D. student
Department of Imaging Sciences and Biomedical Engineering
King's College London