parallel builds ("make -j" via pbuilder)

Pierre Saramito Pierre.Saramito at imag.fr
Fri Sep 20 07:22:17 UTC 2013

Hi Anton,

> As a workaround I changed in debian/rules $(MAKE) on "make"
> to be sure that -j parameter will not be passed. So the package
> builds fine now.

Thank you very much for fixing this problem : Rheolef-6.5 is now available in sid.

> Yes, and some build-servers are building packages in parallel
> mode. So it needs to be fixed.

It seems that autotools (autoconf,automake,libtool) are no abble to handle cleanly parallel make.
Cmake could have also similar problems with parallel builds.
As many packages are based on autotools or cmake, it could be better to avoid
running pbuilder with the -j flag.

Regards,

Pierre
Pierre.Saramito at imag.fr
Directeur de Recherche CNRS
Laboratoire Jean Kuntzmann, Grenoble, France
http://www-ljk.imag.fr/membres/Pierre.Saramito