wxMaxima and wxWidgets 3.0

Francois THIRIOUX thirioux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 06:08:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

*If* the issue is keyboard-related, I doubt of any repeatable instructions,
but here I go :
1) enter some text
2) select this text with mouse
3) copy this text with CTRL+C (the left CTRL of my kb)
4) paste it with CTRL+V
5) nothing happens

On a French KB, the brackets are printed with AltGr+( and AltGr+) but do
not work with wxW 3 and the non-patched wxMaxima version.

Andrejv has just commited a patch :
https://github.com/andrejv/wxmaxima/issues/315

If I understand that, it should enable the wxWidgets 3.0 version use. The
commits is not released, they stand in git :
https://github.com/andrejv/wxmaxima/commit/e5693b01b6c71a31c7b7b4771938f126cfd9991f
https://github.com/andrejv/wxmaxima/commit/2ee682eba55cfaa9b6eee231b243678f01030273

I did not test and do not have the time to do it before 2 weeks.

Francois