Including netcdf4 suppport in paraview (was: How do I find the paraview ubuntu packager?)

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Wed Aug 6 20:38:23 UTC 2014

+++ David E DeMarle [2014-08-06 16:14 -0400]:
>    Hi Wookey,
>    Do you happen to be, know or know how I can get in touch with the ubuntu
>    paraview packager maintainer?

Is there a reason you think I might know something in this area (apart from being a DD?)

Looking at the Debian PTS: ( https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/paraview ) I see it's maintained by Debian Science team, and the patch for Ubuntu (http://patches.ubuntu.com/p/paraview/paraview_4.1.0+dfsg-3ubuntu1.patch) does nothing significant, nor is there a particular Ubuntu maintainer.

A Christophe Prud'homme is mentioned. Now I know a Thomas Preud'Homme
who is a debian developer, but they do appear to be different people -
I guess Preud'homme is a relatively common French name.

So no I don't know I know the maintainers in any useful way. I suggest
using asking the Debian science packages (CCed):
debian-science-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org
(maybe you already tried this?)

Filing a 'wishlist' bug against the package is a good way to give
details of the change you want and make sure it doesn't get forgotten.

> I would like to try to convince him or her
>    to set a paraview config flag so that it can open netcdf4 (hdf5 backed)
>    files.

So, maintainers. Does this re quest mean something to you? Can you add
this flag for the nice man from Kitware (I like Kitware, they make great software)?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/