About libvtk5-qt4-dev

Борисов Виктор refactorman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 06:02:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have Linux Mint 17 which based on Ubuntu 14.04.
I installed QtCreator and libvtk5-qt4-dev, it suppose to display QVTK
widget on QtCreator integrated form designer, but it is not there.

So I googled and found that integrated QtCreator form designer searches
plugins under different folder
https://qt-project.org/doc/qtcreator-3.1/creator-faq.html.
I made copy of widget plugin into /usr/bin/designer/libQVTKWidgetPlugin.so,
and now QtCreator try to load but fails with a message "Plugin verification
data mismatch".

I think it outdated and need to be updated.

Victor Borisov