Packaging coot for Debian

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Thu Jul 17 08:26:06 UTC 2014

Hello andreas,

> in beginning of February you injected an empty repository coot.git into
> Debian Med team Git.  I might have forgotten whether you did some
> announcement about this but for the moment I see no point in keeping
> any empty repository in our space.  Moreover there is some existing
> packaging at

>    git://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/coot.git

Yes I started this packaging effort taking the work already done by Morten Kjeldgaard in its ppa.
I sent him a few private emails, but I never received an answer.

For the packaging of coot, I have not enought time to spend on this package for now (lake of ressources)
So if someone want to take over this packaging effor tunder the debian-science umbrella, this is not a problem for me.

the first step of the packaging was to add all its dependencies into Debian.

so this is what I did with:

ccp4
ssm
mmdb
clipper

which are now in experimental for a long time now.
I think that I should upload them into unstable before the freeze.
At this time I was looking for the official release of ccp4 6.4.0
Now it seems that this is ok.

now the refmac-dictionnary must be package to enhance coot.

> While this packaging is obviously unmaintained / unfinished (I just
> updated homepage and watch file) I wonder whether we should join forces
> to finalise the packaging (I have not tested the build!).

It would be great, it seems to me that this package is not that far from releaseable in a short time.

Cheers

Frederic