Excessive bounces in this mailing list

Thibaut Paumard thibaut at debian.org
Fri Jul 18 12:19:41 UTC 2014

Le 17/07/2014 15:29, Jose Luis Rivero a écrit :
> Hi all:
>
> I'm periodically receiving this message in my mailbox:
>
> """
> Your membership in the mailing list debian-science-maintainers has
> been disabled due to excessive bounces

Metoo, on many Debian mailing lists.

I've tried several providers (free.fr, gmail). Finally, I've setteld for
using my professional address, which doesn't seem to bounce e-mail.

I believe that many public providers try to bounce SPAM, and that the
Debian administrators think that it is bad practice. However in practice
I think we have to live with providers bouncing spam, so the bouncing
barrier should be dropped.

Kind regards, Thibaut.