Trilinos packages

Felix Salfelder felix at salfelder.org
Mon Mar 10 09:22:43 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 12:39:57AM +0100, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> > 1) Set VCS=fields
> > 2) Standards-Version is 3.9.5 now
> > 3) Use DEP-3 for patches (Description, Author, Last-Updates is enough)
> > 4) Remove some unnecessary comments from debian/rules.
> >     It should be as short as possible. Leave only necessary notes.
> > 5) Check 3rd-party files and add them to debian/copyright (if they are).
>
> Done and done; I pushed the changes to alioth.

tried to build (dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b) on a machine close to testing.

[..]
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: libparmetis-dev
[..]

apt-get install libparmetis-dev says

"""
Package libparmetis-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libscotchparmetis-dev:i386 libscotchparmetis-dev:armel libscotchparmetis-dev

E: Package 'libparmetis-dev' has no installation candidate
"""

installing libscotchparmetis-dev does not help.
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -d yields

[..]
  Could not find the ParMETIS headers include directory! Please manually set
  ParMETIS_INCLUDE_DIRS and/or ParMETIS_LIBRARY_DIRS or
[..]

i don't know what libscotchparmetis is, does it replaces libparmetis for
trilinos? in that case it should be easy to fix...

thanks
felix