mpich_3.1-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable, unstable

Sébastien Villemot sebastien at debian.org
Thu Mar 27 19:25:51 UTC 2014

Le jeudi 27 mars 2014 à 19:52 +0100, Anton Gladky a écrit :

> it was my fault, really sorry. We were talking to you some months ago
> about dropping libmpich2-3 and I decided to wait for the next stable
> 3.1 version to
> complete this transition. The new version came, I uploaded it and did
> not think
> that it can cause problems...

Actually we have two ongoing transitions related to MPICH: the first one
(which has been ongoing for some time) is the removal of MPICH 2 and its
replacement by MPICH 3; the second one that has just started with your
upload is the transition from MPICH 3.0 to 3.1.

For the latter transition, a tracker has been automatically set up:

 https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-mpich.html

> What can I do now is to file a bugreport against release team and ask
> for
> mpich transition.

I think a bugreport against release.debian.org would be good for the
removal of MPICH2, since there is currently no tracker set up for it.
Quite many packages still depend on the old version.

For the MPICH 3.0->3.1 transition, I have just seen you have filed
#742821.

Cheers,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot