Please binNMU polybori against libm4ri-0.0.20140914

Jonathan Wiltshire jmw at debian.org
Mon Oct 20 21:26:57 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-20 22:15, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>
>> This is a library transition. We stopped accepting library transitions
>> some weeks ago. Do you have a Really Good Reason (tm) for your upload?
>
> I have some;
> - libm4ri and libm4rie change their SONAME at every release. However,
>   the interface to the library hasn't changed for a long time. Those
>   libraries should move to a saner SONAME handling.
>   Upstream is aware of that:
>   https://bitbucket.org/malb/m4ri/issue/51/move-to-saner-soname
>   https://bitbucket.org/malb/m4rie/issue/16/move-to-saner-soname
>   but nothing has been done yet.
>   So, so to speak, it isn't a real library transition. At least, I
>   (wrongly) didn't consider it as one.

Ok, I'll accept "upstream is mad" as a good reason :) This is clearly
unavoidable.

Since it's only one package and you've done the testing of polybori
already, I'll schedule the rebuild this time.

Could you please remember to open a binNMU bug next time so your mail
doesn't risk being lost on the list?

Thanks,

Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw at debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
             8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
			layered on top of bonghits