multiarch = same and different date-entries in generated man page of i32/i64

Roelof Berg rberg at berg-solutions.de
Mon Aug 3 19:55:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm new to Debian packaging. For my package limereg two bug reports were
generated, telling me that 'multiarch = same' is void because some man
files differ between i32 and i64. When I look into the .diff, that is
attached to the bug report, I see different creation-date entries. The
man-pages are auto-generated during the packaging, and the content is
the same for i32 and i64, but the date of the generation (which is
included in the manpage output) differs.

Is it necessary to fix this ? The creation date of the man-page isn't
that important I guess ...

If not (unnecessary to fix): Can I just close the bug and underlign that
the content of the manpage is equal between both architectures ?

If yes (necessary to fix): As upstream I could consider removing
man-autogeneration from automake, and add pre-generated files to the
source-tarball instead. The manpage-generation adds an annoying
dependency to help2man and doxygen anyway, which people don't need that
only want to install an unpatched version from the source-tarball.

Thanks :)

Regards,
Roelof