SOLVED: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink in a dev package

Roelof Berg rberg at berg-solutions.de
Sat Feb 28 07:51:04 UTC 2015

Hi Leopold,

thanks for catching up at me so late at night. Meanwhile I found the cause (actually while preparing more information to you by dpkg -c and then I saw it :).

I made install-dev dependent from install in the makefile. This lead to lib*.so.0.9.1 being in both packages, the lib*0 and the lib*-dev. When I change this and build a clean lib*-dev package that only contains the *.so and the *.h file/link (without the redundant binary from lib*0), lintian is happy with it.

I'm copying the packaging strategy of libmysql++ as an example (https://packages.debian.org/squeeze/ia64/libmysql++-dev/filelist , https://packages.debian.org/squeeze/ia64/libmysql++3/filelist). I hope, this is an appropriate template.

Thanks for the excellent community support here at Debian,
Roelof

-----------------

[...]
Are you sure that your soname is 0?
[...]
Leopold

[...]
After successfully packaging 'liblimereg0', I want to package
'liblimereg-dev' (with an additional .so and .h file). I get the
following lintian warnings:
package-name-doesnt-match-sonames liblimereg0
non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink usr/lib/liblimereg.so.0.9.1
usr/lib/liblimereg.so
It seems that lintian doesn't recognize this as a '-dev' package
[...]