libQGLViewer and Qt5

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org
Thu Jun 18 14:56:40 UTC 2015

Hi Anton, Frederic, Leopold,

Have you progressed on the subject?

Will you support Qt4 and Qt5 at the same time, or will you impose Qt5 in
libGLViewer?

Which Debian versions are impacted? Will it be possible to install
"libGLViewer-Qt5" in Debian testing and stable?

The CGAL project is willing to switch completely from Qt4 to Qt5 during this
summer, with the publishing of CGAL-4.7-beta1 (planned in the early
August 2015), and I am wondering what will be the plan for our users on
Debian/Ubuntu.

On the Fedora side, I planned to allow the installation of libQGLViewer-qt4
and libQGLViewer-qt5 in parallel.