Comments regarding icestorm_0~20151006git103e6fd-1_i386.changes

Ruben Undheim ruben.undheim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:00:30 UTC 2015

Hi Thorsten!

> your package Recommends: arachne-pnr. Can you please tell me where I can find this?

icestorm is a build-dependency for arachne-pnr, and the plan was therefore to upload
arachne-pnr once/if icestorm is accepted into sid.

It has been ready for upload for quite some time:
 git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/arachne-pnr.git

We discovered (after the upload of icestorm) that there is another package that
"Provides" icestorm (ice35-services), and Steffen wanted to see whether
icestorm would get accepted at all because of this "naming" conflict, before
uploading arachne-pnr.

ice35-services has a long list of "Provides", one of them is "icestorm", but I
cannot see it having any executables called "icestorm".

Best regards,
Ruben