Wrong pristine-tar files in some r-cran-* repositories [Was: r-cran-httpuv_1.3.3-3~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Apr 13 10:57:51 UTC 2016

Hi Joost,

I tried to upload backports of r-cran-mime and r-cran-httpuv to Jessie
backports since I intend to backport some packages depending from these.
Thanks for your initial packaging.

Both packages were rejected by ftpmaster due to wrong size hashes of the
orig.tar.gz.  For r-cran-mime I fixed this by comparing what I get via
`apt-get source r-cran-mime` with the upstream download tarball.  Both
are identical and thus I fixed the Git repository via

   gbp import-orig --pristine-tar r-cran-mime_0.4.orig.tar.gz

When doing the same with r-cran-httpuv_1.3.3.orig.tar.gz I realised that
the pristine-tar in the Git repository is identical with the upstream
download (httpuv_1.3.3.tar.gz) but the file inside the Debian archive
via apt-get source has a different size.

I suspect something is wrong with your workflow either how you create
the pristine tar branch (I recommend the command above) or the way you
are using gbp buildpackage.  Please check your workflow to make sure all
three files (upstream, pristine-tar and upload) will be identical.

I'll leave the r-cran-httpuv pristine tar untouched and will upload
the backport based on the apt-get source result since I have no good
idea for this case.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

----- Forwarded message from Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> -----