geant321 is marked for autoremoval from testing

Christian T. Steigies cts at debian.org
Mon Dec 5 14:29:26 UTC 2016

Hi,
On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 04:39:08AM +0000, Debian testing autoremoval watch wrote:
> geant321 1:3.21.14.dfsg-11 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2016-12-20
>
> It (build-)depends on packages with these RC bugs:
> 837657: cernlib: FTBFS with bindnow and PIE enabled
> 837711: cernlib: libmathlib2-dev: Please build libmathlib.a with -fPIC
> 844854: cernlib: paw: FTBFS: ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
> 844873: cernlib: mclibs: FTBFS: ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output

This is the third autoremoval message I see for cernlib and geant. Are we
really going to let this happen?  I thought cernlib and geant (maybe only
geant4?) are in heavy use at CERN and there are some DDs at CERN?  I am not
using this software myself, but I think there would be a lot of unhappy
users if this were removed (and a lot of happy users if geant4 were added to
the archive).

Christian