Regarding VTK 7.0.0

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Thu Feb 4 14:41:38 UTC 2016

Hi Anton,

> Hi Elvis,
>
> we discussed it a couple of days ago with other people,
> interested in it VTK7 (CC-ing them). We are not sure, whether
> vtk7 can coexist with vtk6 without conflicts. From my
> POV, it is a little bit late to start a large transition process.
> So, if both of those versions can coexist - no problems.
> if not - we should wait.

Alright. Let's hope the VTK folks have had co-installability in mind then.

> I am personally will unlikely have time in a near couple of months
> for vtk7. So if somebody is ready to work on it - I will provide any
> possible help and, if needed, sponsoring.

I see, no problem. As for myself, apart from also being quite busy with a
product launch at work, I've never done any Debian packaging, so I'm
probably ill-suited to take on such a complex set of packages :/

But let's hope someone else is up for the task, should it turn out that
co-installability is not a problem.

Thanks,
Elvis