Your nfft upload to unstable

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 8 19:50:08 UTC 2016

Hi Jonathan,

>This said, you got clearance to upload in #813019 which I've just found,

>so you aren't really to blame for this. Still, it's a pity the
>transition cannot proceed.

actually I checked (both the auto-nfft page, and the release.d.o bug), and there were no
collisions with other transitions.

One package is maintained by Ghislain, and so it shouldn't be a problem, while the other has
a partial patch, and had almost one year since the first 3.3~alpha release to make some work on that
side.

I'm not saying forcing people to transition is a nice way to do things (and sorry for that).
But having 9 months to make the package compliant with the new release should be a good timeline for everybody.

Specially because I posted the build failure fix on the bug report and "two" lines needed a change.
(a variable got renamed in nfft).

BTW the particular package was even marked for autoremoval (because of RC #811223 in one b-d) when I sponsored the package,
and this was another reason for not delaying the upload anymore.

I'm sure Ghislain will finish the work in the next few days :)

cheers,

Gianfranco