libdxflib changes

Alastair McKinstry alastair.mckinstry at sceal.ie
Tue Jan 5 07:33:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

dxflib 3.12.2 is now upstream, and I have packaged it in the repo for
review.
git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/dxflib.git

I've made some changes:
* I've changed the package name from libdxflib-2.5.0.0 to libdxflib3
* Changed the SONAME accordingly to libdxflib.so.3

AIUI the package name should not include the minor release version, etc.
as this means a
transition on every minor change. It should include the major version
only.  If library
symbols are used correctly, the only change that should necessitate a
full transition
should then be one that deletes symbols. (The change from -2.5.0.0 would
require
a transition anyway).

Some changes still needed for upload:
* update the symbols file
* Add a libdxflib.so.3 -> libdxflib.so.3.12.2
* Test transition.

best regards
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry, <alastair at sceal.ie>, <mckinstry at debian.org>, https://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
Misentropy: doubting that the Universe is becoming more disordered.