polyml 5.5.2-4

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 25 07:57:18 UTC 2016

Hi again,

>Is there any way in which I could get access to an armel porter box to try and work out what’s causing the failure?

as a normal contributor not, as a DM yes, after you requested the access, as a DD yes.

that said, I'm happy to test patches if you have some, but I can't easily give you access to a machine
(I have a raspberrypi in the office, I could try to wake it on :) )

anyway, back to my DM days, I always managed to fix the porting issues in this way
pbuilder-dist sid armel update

pbuilder-dist sid armel build polyml_5.5.2-4.dsc

or

pbuilder-dist sid armel login

IIRC you need qemu-user-static or something similar, but it is quite handy when it works :)
(slow but nice)

BTW since a few days it is segfaulting with apt set as resolver (or was it aptitude the default?)
anyway, I added this to my pbuilderrc
PBUILDERSATISFYDEPENDSCMD="/usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends-experimental"

it doesn't finish completely the build, but I can go until the failing test
Test121.ML => Failed!!
Test120.ML => Passed
Test119.ML => Passed
Test118.ML => Passed
Test117.ML => Passed
Test116.ML => Passed
Test115.ML => Passed

[...]
Test026.ML => Passed
Test025.ML => qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
/bin/bash: line 1: 12858 Done                    echo "val () = use \"./Tests/RunTests\"; val () = OS.Process.exit(if runTests \"./Tests\" then OS.Process.success else OS.Process.failure):unit;"
12859 Segmentation fault      | ./poly
Makefile:1178: recipe for target 'check-local' failed
make[3]: *** [check-local] Error 139
make[3]: Leaving directory '/build/polyml-5.5.2'
Makefile:998: recipe for target 'check-am' failed
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/build/polyml-5.5.2'
Makefile:707: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/polyml-5.5.2'
dh_auto_test: make -j1 check returned exit code 2
debian/rules:7: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

does this help you?

cheers,

Gianfranco