Could Debian Perl team take over PDL?

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Fri Jun 3 20:07:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 12:02:32PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Perl team,
>
> I've got a request from PDL upstream who fully correctly noticed that
> PDL is not properly maintained inside Debian.  Since I once did some
> ad-hoc fixes Upstream CCed me whether I could do something as Debian
> Science team member.  I had a look and updated Git[1] a bit but I
> noticed that it is way better if some Perl programmer could have a look.
> I admit that the patches are more than the small time cycles I would be
> able to spent into this would permit me to do.
>
> I'd be really happy if Debian Perl team could take over maintenance
> of this package.

Thanks for the note. I'm adding debian-perl to the recipient list,
that's a bit better for discussions than the pkg-perl-maintainers one.

PDL does seem to fit well in the pkg-perl domain so I think that should
be fine. It clearly needs some work (there are old Debian patches that
have little documentation or anything) and I can't promise any schedule,
but I'll try to look at it. Help is welcome of course.

I see Henning is still listed as the Maintainer for libpdl-io-hdf5-perl
and libpdl-netcdf-perl. Are those up for adoption too?
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org