ITA for an abandoned package: evolver case

Gianfranco Costamagna locutusofborg at debian.org
Wed Jun 8 08:51:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

>i am maintaining many packages, which were maintained by Adam
>originally. But all of them are team-maintained (Debian Science), and this
>one is not.
>
>AFAIK Adam is not active in Debian last several years. From my point of
>view, it will not be too offensive, if evolver will be moved under the roof
>of Debian Science and you can be added as an uploader of this package.
>But we need a confirmation from Adam or MIA-team, I think.

last activity is around 2012 according to db.d.o
>Another option for the time being is that you are preparing a new upload,
>file a bug against evolver ("new version...") and the package will be NMUed
>after some time.

I second this option, together with the move on debian-science of the package.

in the meanwhile, according to quantz, the MIA process started some time ago (on 2016-05-24), so I guess
you can start proposing patches and open bugs, and then somebody will sponsor
the work (after some reasonable time), together with a move to science team.

thanks!

Gianfranco