ITA for an abandoned package: evolver case

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Wed Jun 8 11:27:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

>Right now the package rocks.
>But the upstream version is (very) old, and the Debian package material
>clearly needs some refreshment. Is a patch really appropriate here ?
>May I rather wait for  clear orphaning instead ?

I see (2.30 VS 2.70)...
what about:
gbp import-dscs --debsnap git-import-dsc --pristine-tar evolver
(or similar)
create a repo on github or debian-science, do all the stuff you want there, open a bug for the new
release,
open a bug with "packaging refactoring" pointing to the git repo, so everybody can see/contribute
on the new shiny repo, and eventually sign&upload if the package is orphaned.

In case the package isn't orphaned you will be able to git format-patch the various commits and propose
patches to the maintainer.

(and you probably loose less time in doing that)

G.