r-cran-spdep_0.6-4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri May 13 15:26:09 UTC 2016

Hi Roger,

I'm afraid I need to come back to you again about the licensing of the
file in question in the spdep package.  Please read below what the
Debian ftpmasters think about the license:

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 01:00:23PM +0000, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> ok, one step further, but two questions remain:
>
> - "... in its entirety ...", not being a native speaker, but for me that
>   sounds like you are only allowed to distribute the whole example code
>   and are not allowed to use just parts of it
> - anyway, the main point is that you are only allowed to redistribute
>   the code but have no permission to modify it, which is against DFSG 3.
>
>   Thorsten

I'm sorry that this is such a longish process bit it would be really
cool if you could have another look or try to contact the authors (or
rewrite this code? - I think in some previous conversation you wrote
about this option as well).

Kind regards and thanks for your cooperation

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de