Please use distribution "UNRELEASED" in the headline of a paragraph

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Nov 29 12:02:16 UTC 2016

Hi Joost,

I was checking the Debian Maintainers dashboard for Debian Science
team[1] (every maintainer in the team should have a look there from time
to time ;-)).  I noticed that your package r-cran-semtools was listed as

   vcs 		New version: ready for upload

The reason for this is that you are specifying the UNRELEASED status
at the wrong place - right inside the changelog content.  The easiy way
to create new paragraphs is to use

   dch -i

In case you are doing manual editing it would be great if you could
rather use UNRELEASED as "distribution" to let those tools [1] work
properly.  I took the freedom to fix this in Git.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=debian-science-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org&format=html#todo

--