dolfin_2016.1.0-4_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Johannes Ring johannr at simula.no
Wed Sep 14 07:56:21 UTC 2016

Hi Drew,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Debian FTP Masters
<ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:
> Changes:
>  dolfin (2016.1.0-4) unstable; urgency=medium
>  .
>    * Disable HDF5 support.
>      HDF5 was never actually enabled previously due to a discrepant
>      configuration between serial and parallel HDF5, but that now
>      causes dolfin to fail to build.

Can you give more details about the error? I think this might be a bug
in the FindHDF5.cmake file in CMake. Did you see this problem with
version 3.6.1 or 3.6.2 of CMake? Or both? There was a regression in
version 3.6.1 that was fixed in 3.6.2 as can be seen here:

https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=b61eab249f6d119e6353c02c4c79ccb15a3825b9
https://blog.kitware.com/cmake-3-6-2-available-for-download/

It would be good if we can re-enable HDF5 support again once this is fixed.

Johannes