hmisc and r-cran-rms testing migration blocked

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Mon Jan 23 19:09:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 11:37:00AM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> | Therefore nodejs is no longer available on armel.
> |
> | And therefore the node-highlight.js package that does depend on nodejs
> | is no longer installable on armel.
> |
> | If you need/want r-cran-knitr on armel, you should discuss with
> | Andreas Tille whether there are possibilities  remove or !armel
> | the build dependency of r-cran-knitr on node-highlight.js
>
> Right. CCing Andreas -- knitr is by now real R infrastructure as the caller
> of pandoc. It could quite possibly work meaningfully even without the
> highlight.js.  I am generally against "forking friom upstream", but this may
> be worthy a making a different choice.  But I leave the decision to the
> maintainer.

... so you should have CCed the maintainer and not a "random" uploader. :-)
As you might know I'm not in favour of private discussion.

I admit that I'm quite uneducated about r-cran-knitr and worked on the
package only as part of a chain of dependencies for my final target
(r-cran-treescape).  I'd follow any proposal of more educated people
which will be considered more sensible than just excluding the package
from armel (which is not relevant for the said package above.  Feel
free to commit to

   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/r-cran-knitr.git

which should be writable to any DD and do a Team upload / NMU at your
preference or send me a patch you consider the best solution.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de