primesieve needs new maintainer?!

Kim Walisch kim.walisch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 08:53:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am the author of the primesieve C/C++ library (math tool for finding
prime numbers). The version offered by Debian is 5.7.2 (15 months
old) while the most recent version is 6.2. I would be happy if the
primesieve package in Debian was updated to the latest version.

Up until now Jerome BENOIT was primesieve's maintainer but he
told me about 6 months ago that he is very busy due to a new job
and my last contact attempt 9 days ago failed.

As mentioned before primesieve is a C/C++ based library which now
uses cmake as its build system. I have also created the GitHub repo
https://github.com/kimwalisch/primesieve-debian which contains the
code required to package primesieve-6.2 for debian. So there is only
little work required to package primesieve-6.2.

Please get in touch with me if you are willing to take over primesieve
maintainership.

Best regards,
Kim