ROS tf2 package

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sun Dec 2 11:03:58 GMT 2018

Hi Jochen,

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018, Jochen Sprickerhof wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> * Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski at gmx.de> [2018-11-24 11:23]:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > rospkg.common.ResourceNotFound: tf2_ros
>
> You are probably missing the libtf2-ros-dev package.
> These dependencies are fixed in the new versions available in Debian testing.
>
> > ROS path [0]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share/ros
> > ROS path [1]=/home/pi/ros/catkin_ws/install/share
> > ROS path [2]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share
>
> This sounds strange. /opt/ros/kinetic/ is only used in the Open Robotics
> packages available on packages.ros.org, not in the packages provided in
> Debian. I'm not sure about the outcome if you mix both package sources and it
> could likely lead to errors as the one above. So I would recommend to either
> use ROS packages in Debian or the packages provided by Open Robotics.

You're right, in the beginning I didn't realise that one shouldn't mix the
two sources, then I read about it and tried to clean up and go with Debian
packages only, but apparently I didn't quite manage that :-/ Now I removed
all ROS packages and re-installed them completely from Debian only. And
still running "rosrun tf2_tools ..." produces the same error :-( I can now
run view_frames.py stand-alone, but so far it hasn't produced any
output... I'll try some tf2 demo to see, if the reason is in my wrong TF2
use or in the setup / in packages.

Thanks
Guennadi