pyzo package

Jean-Marc jean-marc at 6jf.be
Thu Dec 6 21:09:00 GMT 2018

Hi Debian Science maintainers,

I was looking at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=914332.
It is a bug related to the package pyzo and the async reserved word in python3.7.

In this frame, I got in touch with pyzo dev and also pyzo Debian maintainer.
This because there are works done in parallel.
Adrian Bunk <bunk at debian.org> is preparing a NMU for pyzo (versioned as 4.4.3-1.1) to fix it.
But following pyzo git repo, it is already fixed:
https://github.com/pyzo/pyzo/issues/529

The reason why the pyzo 4.6.1 is not in Debian is because the maintainer has no time to do it.
Despite the fact there is a tar.gz file with the version 4.6.1 mentioned on the Watch page:
https://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/watch?pkg=pyzo

So, no idea what to do in this case, except sending a mail to the Debian Science Maintainers list.

And, please, do no t shoot at me too quickly, I am not a maintainer.

Regards,

Jean-Marc <jean-marc at 6jf.be>
https://6jf.be/keys/ED863AD1.txt

P.S. in case of reply, keep me in Cc:, I do not subscribe to the list.